Deep Tissue Massage
his massage modality includes slower and more forceful strokes targeting deeper layers of muscles and connective tissues (fascia). Deep tissue massage is commonly used to help repair muscle that has been damaged from injuries. The benefits of deep tissue massage are among others:
- It reduces chronic pain;
- It increases blood flow;
- It reduces inflammation that causes pain;
- It relieves muscle tension, which is often a side effect of chronic pain, by loosening the tight tissue clusters;
- Deep tissue massage also helps to increase the body’s production of serotonin, the hormone that maintains mood balance.
- It breaks scar tissue, which is often associated with ongoing pain and stiffness;
- It improves flexibility and range of motion.