his is a therapeutic massage that focuses on special needs of pregnant mothers related to their bodies and babies due to the dramatic changes experienced during pregnancy. It can help improve the functioning of muscles and joints. It improves the blood circulation and relieves mental and physical fatigue. It helps future mothers to be prepared for labor and also involves emotional support.
Some benefits of the prenatal massage are:
- It relieves the stress on bearing joints caused by gained weight;
- It helps in healing of common discomforts such as: lower back pain, upper back pain, headaches, leg cramps, sciatica, stiffness; tension and knots, carpal tunnel syndrome, heartburn, and acid reflux; fatigue, varicose breath, edema of the lower extremities and neck pain;
- It increases the blood circulation, which in turn promotes absorption of more oxygen and nutrients to both, the mother and fetus, and It also stimulates the lymph system, thereby increasing immunity and removal of toxins;
- It soothes and relaxes the nervous system by boosting endorphins into the mother’s body, so making expectant mothers feel more relaxed. As a consequence, they are able to get asleep more easily and deeply;
- It stabilizes hormonal level and helps relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes.